The Marathon Trilogy is a box set which includes three games developed by Bungie: the original Marathon and its sequels, Marathon 2: Durandal and Marathon Infinity. It was announced on March 21, 1997 by Matthew Soell of Bungie with a release date of May 1st of that year.
Along with the three Marathon games, other bundled features include:
- Over 1200 maps and add-ons, including maps created by Bungie and winners of Bungie's Marathon Mapmaking Contest.
- A scrapbook with interviews and anecdotes covering the development of the Marathon seris, and the subsequent craze in the Mac gaming world.
- The full version of Pathways Into Darkness, Bungie's predecessor to Marathon.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Marathon Trilogy Box Set by Matt Soell. Bungie.org. 1997-03-21.
- ↑ The Marathon Scrapbook, Bungie.org. 1997-05-01.