|The subject of this article is Bungie Lore; one of the many myths, legends, and easter eggs that have been created by Bungie.|
Ling-Ling is Bungie Studios' dog. Only it's not so much a dog, but a dog's head. It's contained in a jar of formaldehyde. The dog's head was once lost, (see picture to the right) but it has now been found, and is kept somewhere inside Bungie's Offices.
(Taken from Bungie.net)
"Dog's head in a jar. Has mystical significance. But it's too nasty to think about. Especially if you think about opening the jar, and drinking the head-water down in one mighty draft. DANGER! Do not juxtapose Tijuana Mama with Ling Ling! When the jar containing Ling-Ling finally breaks, as it must, Bungie will make a sequel to Gnop!"
Recovering Ling-Ling's head is Step 5 in Bungie's 7-Step Plan for World Domination, and it is currently listed as completed. Also 'when Ling-Ling's jar is broken, Owt Gnop! will be made', referring to the sequel to Bungie's first ever game, Gnop! Ling-Ling's jar has not been broken.
- Ling-Ling has seven hairs on its head.
- In Halo 2, there is a Easter Egg where Ling-Ling can be seen on a sign in the multiplayer map, "Zanzibar" on July 7th.
- You can sometimes see Ling-Ling's face in the clouds of the Halo 2 level "Uprising".
- Ling-Ling's head can be seen in a Bungie vidoc entitles, "Work At Bungie," which can be viewed here in Bungie's Bungie Media Player section.
- Bungie keeps Ling-Lings head in the fridge at the office.
- Ling-Ling is a white poodle thst may look like a Fox Hound or Terrior.
- Ling-Ling Also was owned by a married couple
- There a picture of ling ling in the Tribute Room in Halo Reach.