On Sepetember 30, 2003 Gearbox Software released the PC version of Halo: Combat Evolved and added a few additional features that were not seen in the Xbox version. It supports a free online multiplayer as opposed to its couterpart on the original Xbox which only featured splitscreen and LAN. However, splitscreen multiplayer was lost entirely in the PC port.
- Fuel Rod Gun - A Fuel Rod Gun is the Covenant equivalent of the rocket launcher. Instead of rockets, it fires arcing fuel rods and does not have a zoom, although the fuel rod gun has a higher rate of fire, it uses a battery, and can overheat like other Covenant weapons.
- Flamethrower - Was originally planned to be in the Xbox version but never appeared because of time constraints. The Halo PC Flamethrower is very similar to the Halo 3 Flamethrower, with the exception of a longer fuel nozzle, and it does not pull you out to third-person view or slow you down.
- Banshees - This is the only Banshee in the trilogy that can fly backwards, albeit poorly (this was used instead of the hover function).
- Rocket Warthog - Absent from the Xbox version, the Rocket Warthog has a triple barrel rocket launcher with a rate of fire similar to the infantry version, but has a horrendous reload rate. It also has unlimited ammunition and travels at the same speed of a normal warthog.
- Shade - The stationary turret that was absent from the Xbox multiplayer version, it is available in certain maps in Halo PC.
New Multiplayer MapsEdit
- Death Island
- Danger Canyon
- Ice Fields